2016 New York State Family History Conference
- Now in its third year, the event will bring together hundreds of genealogists from across the United States to learn about their New York ancestry.
- The 2016 conference offers new opportunities for those interested in New York family history as it will be held concurrently with the Association of Public Historians of New York State (APHNYS).
- Registration is now open at www.nysfhc.org.
The Central New York Genealogical Society (CNYGS) and the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society (NYG&B), co-sponsors of the New York State Family History Conference, are proud to announce plans for the 2016 conference, to be held September 15–17 in Syracuse, New York. This year, the event will run concurrently with the annual conference of the Association for Public Historians of New York State (APHNYS). As part of the concurrent conferences, attendees of the NYSFHC Conference will be welcome to attend APHNYS lectures and field trips, and APHNYS registrants will be welcomed to attend NYSFHC lectures. Click here to see the program of lectures.
The three-day conference will be held at the Holiday Inn & Conference Center Liverpool, just outside of Syracuse, New York and features more than 40 sessions, alongside a vibrant exhibitor hall. Nationally-known speakers participating including:
• Jen Baldwin, Findmypast
• Blaine Bettinger, PhD, JD, the Genetic Genealogist
• James Brewster, Family Tree DNA
• James D. Folts, Ph.D., New York State Archives
• Lindsay Fulton, NEHGS
• Jim Ison, CG, FamilySearch
• Karen Mauer Jones, CG, FGBS, editor of the NYG&B Record
• Thomas W. Jones, Ph.D., CG, CGL, FASG, FUGA, FNGS, editor of the NGS Quarterly
• Terry Koch-Bostic, Chair, APG-NY Metro Chapter; NGS Board Member
• Susan R. Miller, NYG&B
• David E. Rencher, AG, CG, FUGA, FIRGS, Chief Genealogical Officer, FamilySearch
• Timothy G. X. Salls, NEHGS
• Holly Sammons, Onondaga County Public Library
• Phil Sutton, New York Public Library
• D. Joshua Taylor, NYG&B President; host of the Genealogy Roadshow
• Pamela Vittorio, historian and Erie Canal expert
• Jane E. Wilcox, member, NYG&B Record editorial board; host of the Forget-Me-Not radio program
Exhibitors and sponsors of the 2016 conference include the Capital District [New York] Genealogical Society, FamilySearch, Family Tree DNA, Findmypast, the New England Historic Genealogical Society, the New York State Archives, the New York State Library, the Western New York Genealogical Society, and the William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
NYG&B and CNYGS members can attend the conference at discounted rates, $125 (regular). Non-members can attend the conference for $150 (regular). Registration and the full program can be accessed at www.nysfhc.org.
Conference Chair: Nancy Maliwesky nmaliwes @ icloud.com