Research in Albany 2016
Sold out for 2016 - To join the wait list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NYG&B's popular annual Albany research trip is Wednesday-Friday, October 26-28, 2016. Join the New York experts, the people who know New York research best, for three days of research concentrated in the vast resources of New York State Archives (NYSA) and the New York State Library (NYSL). You'll also enjoy the camaraderie of friendly people who share your interest in family history.
Please note that the NYSL and the NYSA have few resources for New York City specifically (most are held in New York City), but they do have important statewide sources that include city residents (military records, land grants/patents, etc.).
This popular program is sold out. To join the wait list, please email email@example.com.
Members $320/ Non-Members $385.
- Orientation to the New York State Archives and the New York State Library by staff experts.
- A private consultation with a professional genealogist.
- Access to a professional genealogist for all three days of the program.
- Welcome gathering on Tuesday evening(Oct. 25) and dinner with a speaker on Wednesday night. (Guests not registered for the research experience may attend the dinner for $49.)
- Wine and cheese reception on Thursday evening.
- Reduced rates at the Albany Hilton