Additions and Corrections: Ulster County
(page 682) In 1798 Ulster’s southern towns were ceded to Orange County, and they now form the northern half of that county.
(page 683, 684) The Town of Kingston was founded in 1668 when its land grant was approved. Jockey Hill is in the Town of Kingston, not Hurley.
(page 684, 687) A portion of Stony Hollow is in the Town of Kingston, while the rest is in the Town of Ulster.
(page 685) New Paltz was settled by Huguenots and Walloons.
(page 689) The 1865 and 1875 state censuses for Ulster County towns from N onward in the alphabet were destroyed by fire.