A Finding Aid to the Records of St. Paul’s Evangelical Reformed Church, New York City
St. Paul’s Evangelical Reformed Church was organized around the year 1852 as the German Evangelical Reformed Church. The church was located on Suffolk Street near Delancey Street in Manhattan’s Lower East Side. St. Paul’s Evangelical Reformed Church in the City of New York was incorporated January 14, 1889. The church moved uptown from Suffolk Street to the neighborhood of East Harlem in January 1900, and in 1919 moved to East 141st Street and Crimmins Avenue in the Eastchester section of the Bronx. The church closed in June 1948.
The NYG&B is the repository of a collection of 15 bound register books, which record baptisms between 1852 and 1948, confirmations between 1853 and 1920, marriages between 1852 and
1948, and deaths between 1889 and 1923, as well as consistory and congregational minutes, and financial accounts. An online Finding Aid to these records is available in our eLibrary.